- 6 parsnips peeled and roughly chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic peeled
- 1 large onion thinly sliced
- 2 sticks of celery
- White chicken stock, use a stock cube if you don't have fresh stock
- 100ml double cream
- 100g unsalted butter
- Lug of Olive oil
- Salt to taste
- In a large heavy based sauce pan over a medium heat start to sauté the garlic, celery and onion in olive oil until the onion becomes translucent.
- Add the chopped parsnips and continue to sauté. This will allow the flavours to release.
- Cover with stock and simmer for about half an hour until the parsnips are soft and tender. 4. Blend until smooth adding a little more stock if the velouté is too thick.
- Pass through a fine sieve into a clean sauce pan, add the butter, cream and season with the salt to taste and bring to the boil and serve.
You can garnish your soup with any of the following:
Pulled ham hock, duck confit, poached apples, curry oil or truffle oil.